Pages

Saturday 5 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 1 Activity 2: Taniwha in the river

Kia Ora bloggers,
One of NZ's most well known rivers is the Waikato river. Many people believe that there are hundreds of taniwha (maori legend animal) that are living in this amazing river, guarding it from different harmful things.

As we know, many of our rivers are now polluted, but some to the point that people think that we can't save it anymore, and one of them is the Waikato river. The people who believe that ferocious taniwha live here are getting quite upset because they know that this animal is living in disgusting water.

I am going to share my own opinion on whether I think that taniwha exist, and why I think this way.


I do not believe in taniwha, but I can't think of too many reasons why. One reason I have is that people have said that taniwha have lived since long, long ago, and I feel like it could just be something different that was back then, like maybe a gigantic fish rather than a water dragon. I also think it isn't real because it isn't real to me that a dragon is living underwater, guarding stuff. I don't think that animals guard the waters.


Anyways, that is all for today!

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about the taniwha. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Do you believe in taniwha? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gargee,

    It's Leslie here, reading your blog from my home in Canada where many of our rivers and all of our lakes in Ontario are frozen solid with winter cold. I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I'm enjoying reading your blog.

    I can understand that it's difficult to make an argument about believing or not believing in taniwha. Unless one has seen something or knows someone who has, it can be hard to believe in its existence.

    Your idea is a good one that perhaps what people saw in past times was a giant fish. We know that there are fish, such as the Greenland Shark, that live in the deep ocean for potentially hundreds of years. They're huge and could be thought to be scary looking. So, perhaps there has been such a creature living in the Waikato. Who knows?

    I'm glad that you've chosen to work so hard on this Summer Learning Journey program. Good for you! I hope you're enjoying it!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete