Pages

Thursday 10 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 2 Activity 2: My food garden

Aloha blogging world,
As in my other blog posts, water pollution isn't something to leave for later. We need to fix it now. But there is a quick way to prevent more pollution in water, which is planting different fruit and veges, that absorb the bad chemicals that may go in the water. If we can all plant different fruit and veges, we may be 1 step closer to getting our rivers back to their normal state.

I am going to list 10 different things I would plant in my garden to prevent water pollution:

1. Tomatoes - I love eating them raw, but I don't know why!
2. Broccoli - It is very good for your health, and for the waters health too
3. Strawberries - By far, 1 of the most best fruits in my opinion
4. Lemon - You can use it to make lemonade or season your salads
5. Mint - We do have mint in our yard, and it comes in handy whenever we have to make a spicy pickle
6. Potatoes - My family really likes to use potato in lots of our cooking, and it would be helpful to grow
7. Capsicum - To give some nice flavour, and also make meals healthier
8. Spinach - I have absolutely no reason on why I could eat pounds of it!
9. Cucumber - Also one of my favourite fruits
10. Peppers - To give some spice to your food

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about planting edibles in our garden. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. What would you plant in your garden? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Gargee,

    I’m Dani, I’m a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey. I grew up in Northland then I moved down to Auckland to study and now I live in Three Kings. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but we decided I should see some of the awesome posts in the Ako Hiko cluster! I am looking forward to spending some time in Ako Hiko and I hope to see some great posts!

    Yum, your garden sounds like it is filled with so many delicious fruit and vegetables. Tino pai for adding a reason for why you wanted to grow each one. I love eating tomatoes raw as well, I cut tomatoes into wedges and sprinkle salt and pepper on them. I think I would grow a few different chilli varieties because my partner loves spicy food. I would also grow baby spinach, because I make lots of salads with it and I have it in the mornings for breakfast if I have eggs. What’s your favourite meal to have for breakfast?

    Keep up the great work, I can’t wait to read more of your blog soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dani,
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! My favourite meal for breakfast is probably a scrambled egg sandwich. I just have 1 question about the Summer Learning Journey. Are you supposed to post your blog comments on your blog? It would be very helpful if you knew the answer.

      Have a great holiday
      Gargee :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Gargee,

      Yum, a scrambled egg sandwich sounds great. Sometimes I like to make a bacon, egg and spinach wrap for breakfast if I have a little bit of time.

      If you like you can put images or links of all of the comments in a post on your blog. We do go through everyone's blogs and count up the comments though, so you don't have to :)

      - Dani

      Delete