Pages

Monday 14 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 4 Activity 2: Adoption Day

Hello blogging world,
Omg, I can't believe I'm so close to finishing the Summer Learning Journey! For this activity, I am going to talk about other ways to help the environment.

Instead of talking about getting rid of plastic, or picking up rubbish, we can also adopt animals to help the environment. But adopting from the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) isn't taking an animal home, but you pay $55 to help buy different things for your chosen animal. I am going to choose 3 different animals that are up for 'adoption' and compare and contrast them.

Panda, Cheetah, and a Grizzly Bear Compare and Contrast.

Similarities:
They are all mammals, which mean they all give birth to babies - they don't lay eggs

Differences:
A panda isn't active and sporty, while the cheetah can run extremely fast. The grizzly bear lives in a different habitat than the cheetah and panda.

I would most like to adopt the panda, and pay the $55 fee because I really want this animal to survive, as it is so cute and has done no harm.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about 'adopting animals'. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. What animal would you adopt? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Gargee

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley primary school. I am also taking part in the Summer Learning journey.

    I would have to agree with all the similarities and differences I would also like to adopt a panda because it is cute and nice and not many people would adopt it because it's wild.

    It's great that you were giving so much detail, maybe you could have added a few pictures.

    Anyways keep up the amazing work

    Your sincerely
    Araura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gargee,

    I'm Leslie and I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada where Grizzly bears live. Actually, Grizzly bears don't live in the part of Canada in which I live - central Canada - they are found in the west, mostly in the mountains and northern regions of the western provinces.

    My husband has done a number of long canoe trips in northern Canada and on some trips he has actually encountered grizzly bears. They can be very dangerous because they're not afraid of humans, though they're not usually interested in meeting humans either. People have to travel respectfully through the areas in which they live, keeping an eye open for where the bears might be eating or hunting, or looking after their young. The most dangerous place to be is between a mother bear and her cub because the mother bear will do anything to protect her young...

    I think your choice of a Panda bear as your favourite is very understandable. They are very adorable, aren't they?! Their habitat is rapidly disappearing so we certainly have to encourage people living in China to protect what is left.

    Are there animals/birds/plants in New Zealand that you'd like to protect?
    I bet you'll be a good conservationist in the future!!

    I'm enjoying reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Nice work I like that you have done all of the posts!
    I am really impressed.
    please comment on my blog at
    https://wpssamuelh.blogspot.com/
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gargee!
    Nice work for finishing the summer learning journey. I picked the Cheetah too it is a cool animal. The animal I picked I would most like to adopt is the Przewalski's Horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Gargee,

    I totally agree, Panda's are so cute, I hope they don't go extinct any time soon. I also think adding pictures would be helpful :)

    Have a good holiday!
    Davarni

    ReplyDelete