Pages

Monday 14 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 4 Activity 3: Restricted Access

Hello fellow bloggers,
Mostly throughout this week we are revolving around NZ and what happens here, and what people are doing here. But now let's get out of our normal zone and talk about something from another country.

Machu Picchu is an extremely ancient city which was built up in mountains which real people used to live in. It lies in Peru, South America, which means you have to take trains and lots of walking trips to reach this place successfully.

Over many decades, thousands of tourists have made the journey to go to Machu Picchu, but this has had a negative impact on the area. It has damaged the area to the point to where the government has made a specific limit on how many tourists are allowed to go every year. Lots of tourists get frustrated and sad that they don't get to go because of this.

I am going to share my opinion on why I think of this.

I think that this is an absolutely mature and good decision to protect this city. Many people over more decades to come, might hear about Machu Picchu, and get mad that people have ruined it in the past, and didn't preserve it for people in the future. I really agree with the fact that the limit is going to restrict tourists because it shows that people really want to protect the ancient city that had been built so long ago, and proves to people how all of these ancient stories are real.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about Machu Picchu. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. What is your opinion on restricting numbers? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Gargee,
    I am Vitaraag. Machu Picchu sound like a beautiful place. I agree with your decision about banning too many tourists going there. This blog post taught me so much. This is amazing work and needs no change. Keep up the amazing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gargee,

    I hope Machu Picchu stays safe, I would love to witness the great city. I like that you have clearly explained your opinion, maybe next time you could add a picture.

    Great work,
    Davarni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Gargee

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School. I am also taking part in the Summer Learning journey.

    I really like your your opinion on why you think this is fair.

    But I think I like to give my opinion on your blog post. I think this is alittle unfair because many people would like to go visit this and if it's a limit many people could take this offensive or something.

    Anyways keep up the good work

    Your sincerely
    Araura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gargee,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team, reading your blog from my very wintry home in Canada. It's a great time to be reading about a special place high in the mountains because I like to think about being able to hike somewhere beautiful and historic.

    I agree with your thoughtful argument that limiting the number of tourists allowed to visit Machu Picchu is a good idea. We don't want it to be destroyed in our generation, do we? We have to be respectful of spaces and how we impact on them...

    Would you like to visit Machu Picchu some day? I have friends who have done this trip and found it a very challenging hike, but a very magical place to visit.

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog. You're doing a super job of the activities!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete