Pages

Friday 11 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 3 Activity 3: The Power of Ten

Salaam blogging world,
A wise man named Sir David Attenborough had a TV show where he talks and shows different things with nature and plants. He works hard to try and protect them from extinction, and it is his fabulous career. In an interview which he had been making, he had been asked if he could name 10 different species that he would want to save from extinction, and so he thought and gave a list. Here is the list that Sir David Attenborough had made:

1. Black Lion Tamarin
2. Sumatran Rhino
3. Solenodon
4. Olm Salamander
5. Spatuletail Hummingbird
6. Darwin’s Frog
7. Sunda pangolin
8. Priam’s Birding Butterfly
9. Northern Quoll
10. Venus’s Flower Basket

I am also going to make a list of what 10 things I would want to save:

1. Asian Elephant - Such an old animal that has lived for centuries. We don't ever want to lose them!
2. Giant Panda - They are so cute and harmless to us, they don't deserve to be extinct.
3. Gorilla - They are related to our ancestors and are like humans on Earth, and that shouldn't change because we can maybe communicate with them in the future
4. Camillea - A beautiful flower that makes me smile whenever I see it, and I don't want it gone!
5. Tiger - This is a furious animal that could easily give you the shivers, and can maybe communicate with us humans in the distant future
6. Snow Leopards - I have never seen one in person, and many people haven't so they shouldn't go without people knowing
7. Vaquita - Everybody loves big marine animals such as whales, dolphins and sharks. They are cool and cute and we want them to occupy our oceans to see forever
8. African Penguin - Penguins are very amazing and live in a place where I personally can't go anytime soon (south western coast of Africa)
9. White Rhino - These are animals which are actually related to dinosaurs, and people in the future will want to have an animal which was from millions of years back
10. Sea Turtle - Just generally an astonishing animal that no one want to have to say good bye to

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about things I would save. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Which 10 animals would you do? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gargee,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team, reading your blog from my home in Canada. It's very fun to be a part of the program even though I'm on the other side of the world!

    I think you've made a superb list of animals and plants that you would like to protect from extinction. Well done! You've obviously done a lot of research. Super!

    I'll just point out, however, that African penquins live off of the coast of southern Africa, as opposed to in Antarctica. But that makes sense, given the name, doesn't it?

    I'm glad that you're so interested in learning about all of these species. We all need to be as aware as we can be of how animals and plants are being impacted by human activities. I think you'll be a good advocate in the future, like Sir David.

    Are you interested in studying the sciences in the future?

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete