Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 2 Activity 1: A flying fox

Kia Ora blogging world,
In NZ, we have absolutely beautiful forests, which absolutely need to be explored. As we walk through the forest, we are really destroying the plant and animal life. Quite scary if you think about it! So because of this problem, an amazing company in Rotorua thought of making extremely lengthy ziplines, so you can zip across the forest, and have a beautiful view of the forest - without harming the environment.

I am going to share my feelings about going on this zipline if I had the chance.

I would feel extremely scared and worried about looking below, because I have a problem of thinking of the bad things that could happen. At the same time, I would go ahead and try it because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity for somebody like me. I would probably shiver vigorously until my spine snaps because I hate going really high, but my enthusiasm for trying new things will convince me to go. Me as a sort of scaredy cat, but also brave mouse, will confidently try it out, but will 100% break down inside. Heart beating faster than a blink, sweating litres, and tummy filled with swarming wasps.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about the big zipline in Rotorua. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Do you want to go to this zipline? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

4 comments:

  1. Kiaora Gargee my name is Jahrey from May road school. I was looking at your summer learnig journey work and your work is really good and interesting. You are so brave for wanting to actually try doing the zipline. I know if it was me I can't do it because I'm so scared of heights! have you done any scary activities like the zipline before? if you have maybe you can put a picture up with your zipline story to show how brave you are. Thanks , see ya Jahrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava,
    My name is Zephaniah and I am a part of doing the SLJ. It is great to see you completing as much of the activities provided on the site. Tino pai! I really loved reading your blog post telling me your story about the fly fox in Rotorua. It was amazing to see you using detail in your post. Great! Keep up the work!

    Nga mihi,
    -Zephaniah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gargee,

    It's Leslie here, reading your blog from Canada as a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I'm so impressed that you'd like to try zip-lining, even though it would be quite scary in some ways. You're very honest as to how you'd feel about it and yet your concerns wouldn't stop you from giving it a try. Yeah you!!

    My daughters have both done some zip-lining and they've loved it. They say it feels like flying so that would be fun, wouldn't it?! And they've appreciated that zip-lining has meant that there wasn't wear and tear on the paths through the forests underneath them. There's very little environmental impact through zip-lining...

    I don't think I'd ever give it a try, to tell you the truth. I have enough trouble climbing a fire tower here in Ontario. As soon as I get to the tree top level my leg muscles turn into jello. It's ridiculous!

    So I'll just cheer from the ground for those of you brave enough to climb onto the zip-lining platforms. I hope you'll have a chance one day!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gargee, I'm Melita from Christ the king school. First of all congratulations on completing your post. I liked how you used correct grammar and punctuation. Keep up the great work.

    Blog you later
    Melita

    ReplyDelete