Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 4 Activity 1: Like a scene out of a movie

Aloha bloggers,
Every now and then a cool even has to happen in NZ, am I right? There is one that happens quite rarely, but not too rare. It is called Aurora Australis, also known as Southern lights. It only appears in the South Island, and is a beautiful array of colourful lights which stretch across the night sky. I am going to write an acrostic poem about this, which means that using the letters of the word 'LIGHTS', I am going to make a poem.

Leaves people speechless
Iceland, Canada, Finland and Denmark have a similar event
Gracious colours wafting in the air
Happy event that dazzles people
Takes place in the South Island 
Southern Lights are absolutely mind blowing

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about the Southern Lights. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Have you ever seen the Southern Lights? Tell me in the comments.

BYE!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello again Gargee, it's Billy here from the SLJ team.

    I've really enjoyed reading this acrostic poem you have written. I like that you haven't just put one word for each of the letters. I am sure it certainly would leave people speechless. I'd love to check out some of the aurora displays in European countries - I bet it's amazing in person.

    Do you enjoy writing poetry? What kind of poems have you written at school?

    I would love to hear some more.

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gargee

    I wanted to see the Southern Lights last year but it was raining and overcast that night.
    I want to see the Northern Lights even more though - have you read the book series? I think it's really good.

    ReplyDelete