Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 1 Activity: The Sky in Beijing

Ni Hao blogging world,
Bejing is an extremely popular city in China, where there is delicious food, amazing building and vibrant cities, but there's more than that. Sadly, in many cities in China, air pollution such as smog is taking over. People have to cancel flights and block roads, so that the foggy look in the city (smog) fades away for people to see the road or sky. Approximately 1 million people die a year from this, and China is growing stronger and thinking of things to stop pollution.

I am going to write a poem about me travelling to Beijing, China and all of the things I would see.

Wow, look at that miserable sky
That takes over beautiful Shanghai

Why does it have to happen to us
It makes me cringe in absolute disgust

Sadness fills my heavy heart
I am scared, so lets take part!

Make China like once it was before
Until we completely drop to the floor

Stop the factories and coal burning
In a day make a years earning


I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about the air polltuion in Beijing. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Is your area contaminated with air pollution? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gargee,

    It's Leslie writing from my home in Canada as a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. I'm very lucky in living in a place that is usually smog free, surrounded by freshwater lakes and rivers, forests and fields.

    I think you've done a super job of creating a poem representing your feelings about the smog in Beijing. What a tragedy it is that we humans have created so much pollution. I can't imagine trying to cope with what the residents of Beijing have to cope with.

    Have you ever travelled there? Have you ever been in a highly polluted environment?

    I grew up in a big city in Canada called Toronto and there were days when our air was smoggy and there were smog warnings issued on the radio. We never had to wear masks, but the sky would be more gray than it would 'naturally' be. I was very happy to move to eastern Ontario with my family because it's a much cleaner environment with fewer cars and industries.

    I hope we'll find ways of producing what people need without creating the pollution that we seem to produce now. Don't you?

    I'm glad you're working so hard at all of these activities. I hope you're enjoying the SLJ program!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete