Pages

Thursday 10 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 2 Activity 3: The Tonkin snub nosed monkey

Hello bloggers,
Most posts on my blog are about conserving and pollution. In NZ we work harder than ever to conserve our native animals and plants. But obviously in other countries, people have to preserve their animals, and one of these companies are called Fauna and Flora.

Fauna and Flora are people who conserve different things like animals and environment, in different countries, and they have a website of different projects they do. On that website, I am going to choose one that I am interested in. After that, I am also going to describe the animal, and explain why I like it so much. Here is the website I got this from.

I am going to choose the Tonkin snub-nosed monkey because I love any kind of animal which relates to humans. I find this project interesting because it has been endangered and focused on for many decades. Monkeys which live in any country shouldn't be endangered in my opinion because they can live just like we did, back then. Even though this bizarre monkey has been focused on for so long, it's population has increased by 75% (with 150 individuals). The reason why the Tonkin snub-nosed monkey is endangered is because people kill them, but now in Vietnam they've made it illegal.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about the Tonkin snub nosed monkey. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. What animal would you choose? Tell me in the comments.

Blog you later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gargee,

    It's Leslie here, reading your blog from Canada as a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    You've done a wonderful job of this activity. You've identified the animal you're most interested in and why it interests you. Well done.

    I really admire people who form organizations to try to solve problems. It's a huge success that the population of this special monkey has increased as much as it has in the past few years. There needs to be more improvement of course because 150 individuals is not a very big population. But the attempt to improve things so that that can happen is the important piece, isn't it?!

    I hope you're having some fun outside this summer, as well as doing the activities in this program. It's a pleasure for me to read your blog!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete