Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 2: What's special about my hometown?

Hello bloggers,

Have you ever wondered about your hometown, and felt like there's something special about it that no other place has? Well, there is always something special about every persons hometown, but today we are going to discuss my hometown, and what I feel is special about it.


I cant exactly say what my hometown is, because my whole family from back in the times are all from Nepal. I wasn't born in Nepal, but in Logan, Utah. Currently, I am living in Auckland, and my family is not planning anytime soon to leave. I am going to choose Logan, as I was born there.


Something special to me in Logan, is that busses are all free. Whenever you wanted to be dropped off somewhere, you just wait at the nearest bus stop, and hop on the bus. If you needed to stop, you pull a thick, yellow string that signals the driver to drop you off. Another thing that is special about my hometown, is that all of the mailboxes are in one place, but everyone has a unique key to access their personal mailbox. Some places in Logan have houses which are arranged in a circle, and where I lived, there was an astonishing park in the centre. On the sides, there were rusty, old gates which led to other houses. Another thing that is special to me, is it snows gracefully, it is peaceful and calm, there are lots of splendid rivers and lakes, and its like everyone is beloved family with each other. The population is 51,115 people, such a small population! Oh, Logan is just natural beauty.


I hope you've learnt something from this description. Please comment feedback or any questions you have, as I would love to answer them.

See you later!

2 comments:

  1. Talofa Gargee,

    You have posted a wonderfully crafted blurb about your hometown Logan City. It does indeed have a small population, especially when I think about Auckland which has around 1.5 million inhabitants. How cool is it that the buses are free, that's pretty cool!

    You have included some great adjectives that are painting a beautiful picture in my mind. I think next time you could add the specific names of places you've visited in Logan as well as some pictures so travellers or potential visitors can be informed about what they can expect to see and do in Logan City.

    I myself was born and raised in the big bustling city of Auckland. One of my favourite things to do in Auckland is swim at Mission Bay Beach and admire the sparkling fountain that has been there for many many years. It's a plus that Kelly Tarltons (the aquarium) also happens to be nearby I bet visitors would love it!

    I hope your holidays are going well, I look forward to reading more of your posts over the summer. :)

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cia,
      I do really love Logan in the US, and it was the place where I had gradually gotten my american accent which people think weirdly of. As I was only 6 when I left America, I can't remember that many places. There was a water park called the Aquatic Center which is really fun. I don't really have many photos that I can use, but I will definitely try to.

      ~Gargee

      Delete