Pages

Sunday 30 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3 Activity 2: Flying Foxes

Hello bloggers, 
NZ is an amazing home to lots of bats and native animals, but there is one thing that Australia beats us at, and that is their 'flying fox'. The flying fox is the biggest bat in the whole world! It's wingspan is 2 meters, or 6 feet. That is surely bigger than me!

This amazing bat has an amazing hearing skill, and it uses that when it needs to communicate with other bats. This is a splendid super power for them. Well if I had to choose a superpower, it would definitely be flying because I've always loved the thought of me playing with the clouds and looking at the world around me, just like a nights dream. 

I would want to have flying as a superpower because flying to different destinations is such a fascinating idea. You would still get your exercise, but also having extreme fun. I wouldn't be lazy and teleport everywhere, so it is a good substitute for cars and things like that which ruin our environment. This makes it an Eco-friendly superpower which many people will love. I also want to fly because it makes me feel like a free and happy person, with all of my weight being lifted with my wings. I know this because sometimes I lay on the bed and pretend to be in the air. 

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about my superpower dream. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. What is your dream superpower? Tell me in the comments.

Blog ya later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gargee

    I think flying would be a really cool super power too, I like that it is a good mode of transport that we can do ourselves. I chose super speed for my super power (like Flash) and being able to get places by myself was one of my favourite things about that too.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gargee,

    I'm Leslie, reading your blog from Canada, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I'm looking forward to having you arrive here one day via flight. It may not be because you have a superpower ability to fly yourself, but fortunately there are planes that will do the work for you!

    I love the way you describe how flying would feel and I agree that having this superpower would be wonderful!! As humans we have many many special abilities, but flight isn't one of them. However, as you probably know, people have had a lot of fun trying to find ways to fly using kites, small engines, glider airplanes, parachutes behind motor boats etc. Human imagination seems limitless!!

    I hope you're having a lot of fun this summer, feeling lighter than air and doing all of your favourite summer things.

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete