Pages

Sunday 30 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 2 Activity 3: Flying Fungi

Hello bloggers,
When winter strikes, everywhere around us gets damp and wet. In the areas of where it gets really damp, mould likes to stay and live there because that is their habitat - damp and warm. But not all fungi live in damp corners, some of them are so minuscule that we can't even see them, and they live in the air. This sort of fungi is called airborne fungi, and mould is not good for us humans health, so it is better that it gets removed right away.

Lets imagine that I'm in class and testers come in our class to check the air. Eek! They find 7 different types of mould in the air and have to remove it immediately.

It is going to take 5 days to remove 1 fungi (quite a long time) and we have to get rid of 7 different types. How long will it take to get rid of all 7 different fungi? Here is a video of me explaining this problem.


As I said in the video, we take the number of days it takes and multiply it by how many different fungi there are.


I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about airborne fungi. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. What is the answer to the question I put in the video? Tell me in the comments.


See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Gargee,

    Wow! What an impressive screencastify you have created. Tino pai for explaining the steps that you went through to get your answer, I can tell exactly what maths you did and why to get the answer. You have worked out the right answer in days, can you figure out how long that is in weeks?

    Here is my answer to your question from your screencastify:

    There are 13 fungi, each one takes five days to clean up and I can only clean one a day. I am going to show how I worked out my answer below:

    I know I need to do 13 x 5 =
    So i can going to break the equation into two equations to make it easier for me to work it out.

    My two equations are 10 x 5 and 3 x 5. I know both my five and ten times tables so this is easy for.

    10 x 5 = 50 and 3 x 5 = 15

    Therefore the answer is 13 fungi x 5 days = 65 days to clean all of the fungi up. That’s longer than the summer school holidays!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete