Pages

Saturday 22 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 3: Going, going....gone

Hi blogging world, 

Lets imagine that NZ is going to sink to the bottom of the ocean by next week. We are in a scenario that people in the future who want to see NZ will not be able to, so we need to describe NZ in a way which will make it seem real. Here is my piece of writing that will help paint a picture in your mind.

NZ is the worlds 3rd most peaceful place which has never had any conflict with other countries other than the world war, which was forced to happen. Everywhere you go there is so much nature that you've probably never seen or heard of in your life. The fern is an iconic symbol of NZ. The fern has many many small, long teardrop like petals which are arranged so that the bottom is bigger and the top is smaller. They are all connected on a thin stem, but sometimes one side of the fern can be silver, which is called a silver fern. There is also the pohutukawa tree (native NZ tree that doesn't grow anywhere out of NZ, which is an evergreen tree (grows all year round) and has little red bundles which are the flowers. The flowers are made of little red petals which are shaped like thin sticks.

Talking country wise, everyone who is from NZ are called kiwis, which is also a green fruit and a native NZ bird which is endangered. There is the north island and the south island, and there is a blog post I've written to tell you why they are two irregular shapes. The capital of NZ is Wellington, and that is where our Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, lives.



I hope you've enjoyed reading my last blog post for week 1, The World Around Us. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Do you want to visit NZ? Tell me in the comments.



BYE!






2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Gargee,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Megan and Cia on the Summer Learning Journey programme for this year. I feel very lucky to have the chance to read the blogs from Hay Park School and provide comments today. I feel particularly lucky to have the chance to read your blog as you have been so busy! Wow! I loved reading through all of your activities from Week #1 and am really impressed by the quality of each post. You have clearly put in a great effort and worked really hard. Good on you!

    I have chosen to comment on this activity as I really enjoyed learning all about New Zealand (NZ) from your post. You shared a number of interesting facts and gave me a good idea of our natural world and of the geography of NZ. I was actually in Wellington just last week-end and I had a great time. It is one of my favourite cities although it can be very windy from time to time! Have you had the chance to visit Wellington yet? If you get the chance I would recommend going at the end of November because they have a food festival that is just amazing. You can walk down the street and try foods from all over the world. Do you have a favourite food by any chance? I am currently on a Mexican food kick. I love tacos, nachos and quesadillas. Yum!

    I hope that you and your family are having a lovely holiday so far. I'll look forward to popping back to read more of your posts over the coming days!

    In the meantime, have a wonderful week-end.

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rachel,

      Thank you so much for coming to my blog and viewing the work that I've done for this past week. It truly has been very fun, and it has been using my spare time that I need to use wisely, which is a good thing. I have never been to Wellington, and never actually out of Auckland except for the time when our family-friends went to a trip with us to Tauranga and Coramandel. I still can't decide my favourite food, but I can eat all of the choices you give me!

      I hope you're having an amazing holiday too, and I'll still continue to do the Summer Learning Journey.

      Merry Christmas

      Gargee

      Delete