Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 2 Activity 1: Tāne Mahuta

Kia Ora followers,

In NZ, we have many endemic trees, plants and animals, which means that they are native to NZ, and they don't grow or live anywhere else in the world. Many places have endemic creatures and wildlife, and they are special to the people who are from there, or live in that place.

Tāne Mahuta (Largest Endemic Tree in NZ) is named as 'The Lord of the Forest' if you translate it. I would love to visit this tree, and I have a couple of reasons on why.

1. I really want to visit this tree because it may be the only chance, and only moment, for me to see the real size and height of it

2. Based on the last reason, all of the images and photos that have been taken aren't the real size, and the photo's don't show the true monstrosity, but real life can.
Image result for tane mahuta
3. It's such a cool experience, and you can learn so much about NZ and Maori culture. For example, the name Tāne Mahuta can teach you a new name.


4. I want to compare this tree to other trees in the world, and see if there are other trees which are the same height, or ones that are similar looking.









Thank you so much for coming to my blog. If you have any questions, please ask. If you have any feedback, or something I could've done better, please tell me as I want my posts to be quality blog posts.


See you later!


1 comment:

  1. Aloha Gargee,

    Cia here from the Summer Learning Journey Ako Hiko team.

    You have given a clear view point and set of reasons why you would want to visit Tāne Mahuta. I like that you made a list to share your reasons, it is clear and easy to read this way, ka mau te wehi!

    Perhaps next time you could give a little more background about our mighty Kauri trees, such as threats to their livelihood. Kauri Dieback is a disease that harms our beautiful Kauri. Did you know about this disease? If not, I suggest researching it if you are really keen on visiting Tāne Mahuta or any Kauri trees in person.

    One day I would like to visit Tāne Mahuta so I can see the gigantic and mighty tree up close. It has grown to be so tall and magnificent I’d love to see it in person because just like you've said in other words, a picture wouldn’t do its beauty and size much justice.

    Keep up the good work Gargee, you are working very hard to create high quality blog posts.

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i (see you again),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete