Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1 Activity 1: Togs or Trackies

Kia Ora blogging world,

New Zealand is just the perfect place to live, because it is so peaceful and beautiful. NZ is an amazing place where you can go and visit as a tourist, or just an adventurer as well. Last year, about 2 to 3 million people came over to our country as tourists to visit, some in winter, and some in the middle of summer! I have to think up of which season they should come in and explain my opinion on this.

I recommend that no one comes in the middle of winter because this is a very hectic time where everybody wants to get the most heat in their house, but maybe not in the summer because it is very dangerous to come here while the sun is fully toasting us. Maybe you can come in spring because it isn't too hot, nor too cold. Autumn is an okay time, but I think it is a little bit on the cold side for my taste. I also think that if you like swimming, or any aquatic activities, summer is the best option. If you like staying in a warm coffee shop and having hot chocolate, winter is your best bet.

Some things you can do in NZ are visiting the sky tower because it has so many scary but fascinating things like the giant glass floor. I am not going to spoil it for those who want to see if for themselves. You can also go to the top of Mt Eden and look at this gigantic crater that has formed due to some big event that happened. It wouldn't be nice to fall in there, but it is covered in grass. The last thing you can do is go to the beach and have the time of your life cooling down while the hot summer sun burns you.



I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about NZ. Thank you for finding my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Do you want to visit NZ? Tell me in the comments.

Blog ya later

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gargee,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    You should be a tourism representative for Auckland. You give great information about the attractions in your city and the kinds of things to keep in mind when deciding to travel.

    I think your idea about choosing spring, when it isn't too hot, is a great one. But, as you say, those that want to lie one a hot beach and enjoy the surf and the sand might do best by coming in the summer. No 2 tourists are alike, I suspect. Everyone needs to identify the kind of experience they want to have and then choose the most suitable season.

    I've been in your country in both the winter and the summer and, I must say, I enjoyed them both. Keeping warm is a bit of a concern in July and August, but as a Canadian I'm rather used to wearing lots of clothes indoors. Our winters are pretty challenging. In fact, this winter we've had temperatures around -35 C so I don't think your winter temperatures would cause us too much concern. It's all relative, as they say.

    I'm glad that you've chosen to work so hard on the Summer Learning Journey program. It's been great to have you as a participant!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete