Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 Activity 2: My Favourite Food

Hello bloggers,

I love food, and people shouldn't forget that about me. I can't choose any specific food that I love the most, but there are quite a few from my culture that I know how to make, even though I don't make it for myself. It is called 'pakora', but I don't know how to write it in Nepali. Here is a recipe if you want to try it.

1. Take some potatoes, onions, and spinach, chop them into small slices, then set them aside in a large bowl

2. Add some gram flour, salt, and spices to taste. You can experiment with different types of spices

3. Mix all together thoroughly with hand or spoon only (no hand mixer), until you can make a small round ball out of the mixture

4. Heat the oil, and when it is ready, put small mixture balls into the oil to fry it.

5. Fry until golden and crispy, then place on a plate to cool down for a little bit

6. Tuck in and enjoy!


This is (one of) my favourite foods because I love potatoes, and it is kind of like a ball of fries. It is also not too unhealthy, other than it has been in the oil.


What is your favourite food? Comment it down below! I hope you enjoyed reading my post.


Blog you after!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gargee,

    Wow, I was blown away to jump onto your blog and see that you are flying through the activities. I can see that you are only 3 days away from finishing the programme. I am so excited to see the effort you are putting into your activities. That is an incredible achievement and I am so proud of you.

    Pakora sounds absolutely delicious and a dish I would definitely like to try and make at home. I will attempt to make it this week and share a photo with you. I think my son, Nico, will demolish this dish. What kind of food do you usually have with pakora?

    I am stoked to see that you have the recipe with us in your own words. You probably don't realise how exciting it is for us to see someone putting in the time and effort into their posts. You mentioned that it is important not to use an electric mixer, why is this?

    I cannot wait to make my way through and read all of your activities.

    Keep up the awesome work,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gargee

    This sounds YUM! I'm going to try and make this for afternoon tea today.
    Thank you for the recipe - I like trying different foods from around the world.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete