Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 1: Logging Forests in NZ

Kia Ora and welcome back to my blog,

This topic we are going to discuss is logging. Logging is when people who work for big logging groups take down trees in forests in NZ (and all other countries too) to make paper, build houses, and to create energy and heat for many different purposes. I want to give my opinions of why I wish logging was banned forever in NZ, as I feel very strong about my opinion.


In my strong opinion, logging should be 100% hands down banned, and banned for good. Our Earth is so important to us as it was the one that gave us oxygen to breathe, plants and meat to eat, and a wonderful sea to drink and land to live on. We should treat it the same way, not just killing the resources it gave to us to breathe.

I also think that logging should be strictly banned because taking down trees in forests is killing animals who have called the forest 'home' for years. It is just like coming up to my house and throwing rocks at my windows, hammering the walls till they crack, and pouring colourful paint down the toilet and on the carpet. Just complete illegal behaviour, right? Logging should be illegal.



I hope you understand the things that logging could do, and why I think it should be banned. Do you think logging should be illegal? Tell me in the comments.


Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Gargee,

    Wow, I absolutely love how passionate you are about this issue and that you have shared such a strong opinion. That is so brave of you and so inspiring. I wish when I was your age, I had the courage to stand up for what I believed in. I now have the confidence to speak my opinion until I am heard.

    I absolutely agree with you. I also believe you made some very valid points for anti logging. In fact, the New Zealand Government has started up an initiative called the One Billion Trees Programme. They plan to plant 1 billion trees in New Zealand over the next 10 years. Some of the main reasons for this initiative align with the reasons why you are against logging. For example, the trees are to help create more oxygen and eliminate the carbon dioxide produced by human life. It will improve our water quality, as well as, providing habitats for animals.

    I think this is a great programme that the Government has set up. What do you think about it? Considering you are so passinate about this issue, maybe one day you will be part of the team planting these 1 billion trees.

    You are doing incredible work, Gargee.

    Ka kite,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete