Pages

Sunday 30 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 2 Activity 2: Food Drain

Kia Ora bloggers,

Did you know there is a gas called carbon dioxide (CO2) which is made everyday naturally and put into the air? If too much builds up and is not taken out, we humans can not survive. Luckily, things like forests and oceans are like 'carbon sinks' and take the carbon dioxide out of the air, and one of the largest 'carbon sink' is in the south western part of the South Island of NZ. It is a gigantic forest which takes away about 60% of unwanted waste.

OK, I have to imagine that there is a magical sink which can flush away any kind of food that I hate. I am going to choose and determine which foods I absolutely look at in disgust, and wash them down the drain.

I would put rice in the drain because we have it every single day for lunch as a Nepali family, and I am getting sick of it as I am 11 years old! I would also put bamboo shoots, because when my parents cook it, it smells so indistinguishable but pungent that I think I really can't really compare it to something else, and I refuse to eat it no matter what. I really enjoy lots of food though, and it is hard to choose things I would drain down. I love chicken, but I would most definitely put lamb in the drain because I can't even take 1 bite without spitting it out.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about big carbon sinks. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. What foods would you put in the drain? Tell me in the comments. 

See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Orana Gargee,

    You have presented a list of foods you would put into your special draining sink, ka pai. I can see that you are very sensitive to the smells and tastes sensitive of those foods you listed, I like the very descriptive words you used to express it. Are Bamboo shoots a traditional Nepalese food? I've never tasted them, I am very curious about the taste now..

    Perhaps next time you could include some pictures of the foods you included in your post.
    Bad experiences with food are very common! There are a lot of foods that I don't like myself. If I had my own special draining sink, I would put leeks in it, they've never appealed to me taste or smell wise... Nasty.

    Another good post, well done.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete