Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1 Activity 3: Burning up

Kia Ora fellow bloggers,
As my last blog post was about extremely hot weather, lets get this straight. There are times when the temperature gets so high that no one can even go outside. Lets see some very high recorded temperatures on a graph to show how significant they are.





I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog post about the highest recorded temperatures. Thank you for coming to my blog. Please give me feedback or if you have any questions, please ask. Has your country reached these temperatures? Tell me in the comments. (credit to Wikipedia for giving this info.)

Stay sun safe!

(Here is an extra graph as I have to use the provided temperatures)

3 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Gargee,

    You have created a graph to present data about the temperatures in the hottest places in the world. I like that you have included the exact temperature above each bar, to show the exact °C (degrees celsius). Your bar graph is well labelled and easy to understand, ka pai. Perhaps next time you could use colour or patterns to make each of the bars on the graph standout from one another.

    A friendly reminder; this activity asks that you use the information given in the activity brief. Please edit your post to include a graph made to show the following data:

    The hottest temperature on record in each place is: Dallol: 41°C; Dasht-e Loot: 71°C; Tirat Zvi: 54°C; Kabili: 55°C; Bandar-e Mahshahr: 51°C.

    You will be awarded full points for this activity once you have done this. :)

    I feel a little better about the heat we've been having in Auckland now that I've compared how hot the temperatures have been in those five places! Here in Aotearoa over the past 50 years we've had some really hot weather. Do you know how many °C the hottest day in Aotearoa was? Let me know if you find out.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cia,
      You have been truly helpful for picking up my silly mistakes. I have edited the post to have the provided temperatures. Thank you so much for your help. Please reply as soon as possible as the SLJ is ending tomorrow :(.

      ~ Gargee

      Delete
    2. Hey Gargee,

      I am so proud of you for fixing this little mistakes. When are you reading 60 activities it is easy to miss over 1 or two things. Please note that I have seen your edit and have marked full points on our spreadsheet.

      Unfortunately, Cia has finished with the SLJ and is back to teaching at May Road School. Hence why you haven't heard from her.

      I hope you are enjoying being back at school, Gargee,

      Nga mihi,
      Megan :)

      Delete