Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 1 Activity 3: Something Smells Fishy

Hi bloggers,

Today I am going to do an activity related to the Amazon River. There are over 3000 different types of fish in this river, so lets get some facts about fish that we will decide whether are true or not. Something smells fishy around here!


Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. TRUE
In 2003, the Australian Lungfish was 65 years old and was recorded the oldest fish

Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. TRUE
Sharks have eyelids, but don't use them, as the water they live in clean out their eyes

Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE
Starfish don't have brains, and neither blood. 

Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc) TRUE
Fish do this because they do not have vocal cords like other animals

Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’ FALSE
They don't travel in classes, but in schools. Pretty similar if you ask me!

I hope you've enjoyed reading my post. Do you have any question? Comment them down below and I will surely reply.




Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Ka pai Gargee, for successfully working out a couple of the true or false statements. Remember that the link to 'cool facts about fish' will help you answer all of these statements correctly.

    Please revisit the site and revise (re-check) your answers, then update your post. I will be happy to reward you with full points for this activity once you have answered all of these correctly. :)

    Also, perhaps next time you could try adding why some of these statements are in fact true or false. Interesting fact, although sharks have eyelids, they don't use them... Do you know why?

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cia,
      Thank you so much for correcting my mistakes and giving me feedback on what to do. I might've skipped through the activity too fast, but I don't remember the link being there, but it's probably just me. I will surely fix up these mistakes and add in more info about the facts.

      Once again, thank you so much for correcting me.

      ~Gargee

      Delete
    2. Malo e lelei Gargee,

      Good to hear back, you have taken my feedback and completed the task correctly, ka mau te wehi!

      I have awarded you full points for this activity. :)

      Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

      Cia.

      Delete