Pages

Saturday 22 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 2: Living on Tundra

Aloha bloggers,

Tundra is an area of land located at the top of the Northern Hemisphere which is treeless, and the average temperature for this biome is -28 degress celcius, which is very cold for normal New Zealanders, because in NZ, we barely reach 0 degrees most of the time. I am going to pretend that I've gone there while the weather has gotten hotter due to climate change, and write a letter to my dear ones about my journey and how it feels and looks like. Here is my letter.

Dear Mum & Dad,

Wow, I'm surprised that this class trip to Tundra has been better than I thought. The only thing that bugs me is my feet are so droopy, tired, red and swollen from walking from plane to plane, taxi to taxi and airport to airport. All I want to do here is experience the cold weather that everyone is talking about, and leave. Over here it is still quite cold, even though the temperature is rising, and I'm feeling sweaty because of the long journey here. The floor is cracking under all of our feet, but it feels metal hard. Rays of the sun are trying to melt this place, but it it literally melting us. All we can feel is the immense heat with the cold mashing together to make this disaster. It is so dry and hard to stay here, we might have to cancel this trip.

Yours
~Gargee


I hope you've enjoyed my blog post. If you have a question or comment, please comment it below. Do you want to go to Tundra. Answer this question down below.


See you after!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Orana Gargee,

    You have written an informative letter to your Mum and Dad about your day at the Tundra. I like the way you used lots of specific words to help them understand just how cold you felt in the Tundra. Perhaps next time you could talk about the views and animals you would've come across. Do you know what animals can be found in the Tundra?

    If I had the opportunity, I'd definitely go to experience that extreme cold, especially now that it is summer and so hot here in Auckland! Although it is below freezing I think I'd enjoy being in another atmosphere that is the polar opposite of Auckland.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete